650BC mod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reaserch Discussion

4 posters

Go down

Reaserch Discussion Empty Reaserch Discussion

Post  Derahan Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:24 am

I thought here we could post what we come up with during our reaserch, mostly me i supposed will post here so ill begin with mm suggestions so far:

Tech Groups:
Chinese 100%
Indian 75%
Nomad (Schytians and central asian) 40%
Mesopotaimian (Mesopotamia and Anatolia) 80%
Egypt 85%
Greek 95% then around 300 an event pops up and changes all Greek tech groups to late Greek tech group which gives 90% (To symbolize that the greeks didn't invent that much after Alexander)
Carthagianian 90%
Ancient Roman 80%, event ca 500 BC to symbolzie Republican take over, Changes to Early Roman, giving 85%. Event around 250 BC and changing to late Roman giving 95% then around 100 BC another events gets it to Imperial Roman giving 100%

Chinese "Religion"

There should be 1 main religion at game start, Shenism or Chinese Folk Religion.
Then there should be Taoism that could probably spread as the reformation does in 1500 around 500 BC in the mod.
Taoism should have the desicion to enact three different school, only one at a time but you should be able to switch, these are:

Confusianism
Legalism
Mohism

I will follow up with modifiers for each of these, both religion and schools

Derahan

Back to top Go down

Reaserch Discussion Empty warfare

Post  videonfan Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:05 am

Don't forget modifiers for the tactics each nation/culture used
e.g. greeks should have penaltny on fire and cavalarly but bonus on shock morale and galleys

videonfan

Back to top Go down

Reaserch Discussion Empty Re: Reaserch Discussion

Post  Derahan Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:31 am

Yes, i havent gotten that far yet i've only outlined the basic tech groups

Derahan

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:18 am

those tech groups look good. although i'm not sure that Rome should get such an elaborate switching frenzy Smile. Can't they simply be in the Greek tech group, but suffer some problems due to them being vassals & a kingdom (and not a republic)?

Taylor
Admin

http://650bc.makeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:20 am

also, let me copy this idea from the 650BC thread:

I've given a thought to Legalism and its should be:

+Manpower
+Forcelimits
+Dicipline
+ Tax something? (Effective Administrative)
Reduced Advisor cost
More Revolt Risk
More stab cost
Less warexhaustion maximum

Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Derahan Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:41 am

Yeah, you're true about the Romans but they should be flung up to 100% as they were techonologically innovation, even though they copied much.

that my legalism post! What a Face

Derahan

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:46 am

Derahan wrote:Yeah, you're true about the Romans but they should be flung up to 100% as they were techonologically innovation, even though they copied much.

that my legalism post! What a Face

Yeah but I think the time that they actually began to significantly outpace Greece was only very near the end of, or after, our time frame.

I know it's your post Smile. You didn't put it in your OP, and I decided it was part of this topic so I thought: let's copy it here Smile.

Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Derahan Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:46 am

Naaah, the Chinese was far outclassing the Greece even by 600 BC, and for warfare, when the Romans and Europeans begun fighting with 100,000 armies, the Chinese were already fighting with 1,000,000 armies.

China should have huge manpower

Derahan

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:56 am

Derahan wrote:Naaah, the Chinese was far outclassing the Greece even by 600 BC, and for warfare, when the Romans and Europeans begun fighting with 100,000 armies, the Chinese were already fighting with 1,000,000 armies.

China should have huge manpower

I was referring to Rome, not China Smile. I think Rome should be in the Greek tech group from the start. It'll allow them to gradually outtech the Etruscans and then defeat them.

Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Derahan Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:14 am

Woops, sorru, you're right about that king

Derahan

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolololo Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:29 pm

I don't think there should be more than one tech group for any culture. Insted we could use national modifiers that give + or - percent to tech cost. For example: "Greek technological stagnation = +5% tech cost".
For Rome it would be best if they started in an Italic tech group together with Etruscans and other non-greeks in Italy. They should get an event that changes tech group to greek, ("Greek influences" or something,) around the time they become a republic, and finally to tech group Roman if they become an empire.

Wolololo

Back to top Go down

Post  Derahan Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:08 pm

A sound suggestion indeed, i have to agree with the guy above, (Sorry but your name is hard Shocked )

Derahan

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:15 am

How would the Greeks obtain such a modifier? B/c I want to avoid hardcoding too many things (e.g. just giving it a date on which it starts).

Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolololo Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:29 am

That's a good question. Personally I don't think we should give the Greeks that modifier, but if we do I guess we could give them an event with a really long mean time to happen so it's not guaranteed that it will fire. But yeah this modifier is a bad idea as it is a bit too deterministic. It should depend on the game whether the Greeks stagnate or not.

Wolololo

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolololo Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:56 am

I had an idea for the Greek cities. Instead of giving them a negative modifier around the time they stagnated, we give them small positive modifiers from various events (chains?) and decisions. The trigger for these events will be lost if the country becomes an empire. Greek empires should get a different, equally interesting set of events/decisions.

If possible, the number of greek states should influence whether these events happen.

I think this would symbolise both the technological superiority of the classical Greeks, and the stagnation after Alexander.

Wolololo

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:11 am

Wolololo wrote:I had an idea for the Greek cities. Instead of giving them a negative modifier around the time they stagnated, we give them small positive modifiers from various events (chains?) and decisions. The trigger for these events will be lost if the country becomes an empire. Greek empires should get a different, equally interesting set of events/decisions.

If possible, the number of greek states should influence whether these events happen.

I think this would symbolise both the technological superiority of the classical Greeks, and the stagnation after Alexander.

I like this idea. Note that the "small" govt forms, such as Direct Democracy are supposed to give nice bonuses too, which will be lost if they become an empire. But yeah, that won't be enough so a mechanism like you describe could work very well.

Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Derahan Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:06 am

The greek AI should be more prone to vassalize enemies instead of conquer them, this is more historically correct i believe

Derahan

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:19 am

Derahan wrote:The greek AI should be more prone to vassalize enemies instead of conquer them, this is more historically correct i believe

Maybe there should be a mechanism (event?) for Greek city-states that releases conquered provinces as independent nations?

Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolololo Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:48 am

Maybe there should be a mechanism (event?) for Greek city-states that releases conquered provinces as independent nations?

That's a good idea, definitely an event. Maybe with a choice between looting the province, vassalize, or keeping the province? The latter two would have severe diplomatic penalties with the rest of Greece.

Wolololo

Back to top Go down

Post  Derahan Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:15 am

and the first should increase revolt risk through the roof for 10 years Twisted Evil

Derahan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum