650BC mod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who & What?

+3
Derahan
videonfan
Taylor
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who & What? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who & What?

Post  Taylor Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:37 am

See you in march, Wolololo!

Taylor
Admin

http://650bc.makeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolololo Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:41 am

Again, sorry for my absence.. This is getting ridiculous :p Kinda hard predicting the future sometimes.
Anyways, great progress guys. As you may have understood, I haven't had much time for the mod lately, because of personal reasons. I'm currently on a tour of the beautiful northern Norwegian coast (just passed Nordkapp), and I'll be back home during this week. I'll try my best to have the religious icons ready either this weekend or next week Taylor.

I think I'll be carefull saying when I can get some time to work on the mod, but I'd love to contribute towards a somewhat playable version for this summer Very Happy

From 71° N
Wololo

Wolololo

Back to top Go down

Post  illapa Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:16 am

Welp I guess he just volunteered to do all of the barbarian northern europe then since he's been up there Razz jk jk have fun man

illapa

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:15 pm

Sounds great! I've never been to Norway. Hope you don't freeze up there Smile.

Have fun, see you when you have time!

Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Leonel1982 Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi! I volunteered to do the flags and icons for Taylor. I think I understand what's going on in the mod as to what needs creating and what needs just a few tweaks here and there. I see flags in the gfx folder that are modern versions so I assume those flags are ones that need creating. What I'll do is do like 8 flags in Illustrator and get some input on them then refine them depending on the input I get. Then I'll do another 8 flags and repeat the cycle. I'll aim to do the ones that need creating first then work on the ones that need just some illustrating and cleaning up. I'll also work on illustrating the religious symbols, creating clean lines and shakes.

Leonel1982

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:16 pm

Leonel1982 wrote:Hi! I volunteered to do the flags and icons for Taylor. I think I understand what's going on in the mod as to what needs creating and what needs just a few tweaks here and there. I see flags in the gfx folder that are modern versions so I assume those flags are ones that need creating. What I'll do is do like 8 flags in Illustrator and get some input on them then refine them depending on the input I get. Then I'll do another 8 flags and repeat the cycle. I'll aim to do the ones that need creating first then work on the ones that need just some illustrating and cleaning up. I'll also work on illustrating the religious symbols, creating clean lines and shakes.

Ok sounds good! Looking forward to it!

Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince of Judah Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:19 am

Judaism at this time was not a full blown religion. It was more like a monotheist cult dedicated to Yahweh. The Official religion under about half of the kings of Judah was Yahwism. However, the Israelites, in both kingdoms, lapsed into idolatry more often than not. Depending on the ruler, idolatry was either persecuted, permitted, or encouraged.
Recently a priest-dwelling has been discovered in Samaria, dating to about 920 BC. (Biblical Archaeology Review) This indicates that they had a proper caste of high priests during the early history of the northern kingdom, and intermitently later on. So it seems that under the first king or two, and intermittently, Yahwism was either official or at least had official support by several of the kings of Israel, but without exclusive domination as in Judah. The same issue of worshiping foreign gods as found in Judah was generally worse in Israel.

Prince of Judah

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm

Prince of Judah wrote:Judaism at this time was not a full blown religion. It was more like a monotheist cult dedicated to Yahweh. The Official religion under about half of the kings of Judah was Yahwism. However, the Israelites, in both kingdoms, lapsed into idolatry more often than not. Depending on the ruler, idolatry was either persecuted, permitted, or encouraged.
Recently a priest-dwelling has been discovered in Samaria, dating to about 920 BC. (Biblical Archaeology Review) This indicates that they had a proper caste of high priests during the early history of the northern kingdom, and intermitently later on. So it seems that under the first king or two, and intermittently, Yahwism was either official or at least had official support by several of the kings of Israel, but without exclusive domination as in Judah. The same issue of worshiping foreign gods as found in Judah was generally worse in Israel.

Interesting stuff! So how do you propose to model this in-game? We could have events that switch the religion of the province of Judea once in a while, and also a decision allowing one to change the state's religion, and back?

Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum