650BC mod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My view on Empires

3 posters

Go down

My view on Empires Empty My view on Empires

Post  Taylor Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:55 am

I think that it should in general be very hard to own many provinces in this mod. There should be many penalties for owning too many provinces. In fact, the only way to grow big and still have a practical government should be to become an imperial government. There could be various of these, but the mechanism to transform into an empire should look approx. as follows (in my view of course):

When you are a monarchy, and you have a good monarch ("good" to be defined later), you get the "Imperial Ambitions" modifier. This gives certain bonuses, such as army morale (/discipline), but most importantly, it gives you the Imperialism CB, which allows cheap (infamy-wise) conquest. Also, the "Imperial Ambitions" modifier removes (for as long as you have the modifier) the penalties for having too many provinces. Then, if you have enough provinces, and have the Imperial Ambitions modifier, you should get a decision that changes your government into an Empire government. From then on, there is no limit to how many provinces you can (effectively) control.

Any thoughts?

Taylor
Admin

http://650bc.makeforum.net

Back to top Go down

My view on Empires Empty Re: My view on Empires

Post  Derahan Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:43 am

There should be a limit to how many provinces you can effectively control, big Empires are hard to control during this period

Derahan

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:49 am

Derahan wrote:There should be a limit to how many provinces you can effectively control, big Empires are hard to control during this period

Hmm, even for empires? Perhaps.

I just had another idea: make the amount of provinces required to get bad effects go up with govt tech. So that late in the game, it is possible to have a republic with many provinces. Or should we just make a govt form "Imperial Republic" or something like that?

Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  videonfan Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:51 am

Taylor wrote:
Derahan wrote:There should be a limit to how many provinces you can effectively control, big Empires are hard to control during this period

Hmm, even for empires? Perhaps.

I just had another idea: make the amount of provinces required to get bad effects go up with govt tech. So that late in the game, it is possible to have a republic with many provinces. Or should we just make a govt form "Imperial Republic" or something like that?

There should also be decisions that reduce this penaltny (e.g. the satrap system of the persian empire)
city states in greece get an event that if they own 2 provinces they either get infamy but change goverment to empire or release that state as a vassal and lose infamy

videonfan

Back to top Go down

Post  Taylor Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:17 am

[quote="videonfan"]
Taylor wrote:There should also be decisions that reduce this penaltny (e.g. the satrap system of the persian empire)
city states in greece get an event that if they own 2 provinces they either get infamy but change goverment to empire or release that state as a vassal and lose infamy

I agree (on both of these), something like this should happen.

Maybe it should be such: a Greek state can transform in a Federated Empire if they have a good enough ruler and a certain amount of provinces (2, maybe more). However, if they aren't a federated empire but own a bunch of provinces at the same time, they should get a lot of events urging them to release the provinces or suffer stab and infamy hits. So then the way to become an empire for Greek city states is: have a good ruler and manage to conquer enough provinces while you still have that ruler, then switch to FE.

Taylor
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum