650BC mod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why EUIII?

2 posters

Go down

Why EUIII? Empty Why EUIII?

Post  Prince of Judah Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:09 am

Taylor, why did you choose EU3? I think Crusader Kings 2 is a far better game to develop this mod. Feudalism was the rule rather than the exception, and the levy system allows multiple types of units to be deployed instead of only one cavalry, one infantry, and one artillery. The system would allow chariots, cavalry, multiple types of infantry and missile units to be deployed in a battle.

Prince of Judah

Back to top Go down

Why EUIII? Empty Re: Why EUIII?

Post  Taylor Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:26 am

Oh hey, didn't see your post until now. It seems everybody's been a bit busy with other things lately (including me).

I chose EU3 because at the time I started, CK2 wasn't even there yet! Also I own EU3 whereas I don't own CK2. The ideal game in my view would have been EU:Rome, but that game is not entirely stable and doesn't have a large enough fanbase to spark enough interest in the mod. I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of the new game (Project Truman)... if that's Rome2, then maybe we should continue on that.

One problem with CK2 (and Rome) is that it doesn't have a world map. Also, AFAIK there's no other playable govt form than feudal monarchy in CK2. Note that feudalism as represented in CK2 really only was 'invented' in the middle ages in Europe, e.g. by Charlemagne.

That said, CK2 is not a bad idea per se.... but I say we'd better stick to EU3 for now... most of the stuff we'd be doing would be portable to CK2 anyway, if we feel that is necessary.

Taylor
Admin

http://650bc.makeforum.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum